Yesterday was election day in Manitoba. The incumbent in my area won, as was predicted even though I did my best to keep that from happening.
Kristen voted in her first provincial election. She didn't know who to vote for so I told her. Even with our 2 votes, our man did not win.
Sigh.
We live in a very strong NDP riding. Provincially and federally, the NDP always wins here. It's a little discouraging because, my vote really doesn't make much of a difference. But vote I do. It is the one time that true democracy reigns and I never want to take that for granted.
Besides, if my dad found out I didn't vote, he'd disown me.
5 comments:
I voted for Love too, that makes three
me too...
Well, I proudly voted for Jim Malloway...
Go Gary Go...
4 more years...
Schoolboy
I understand. We live in a conservative riding and I am not. But I'm not convinced about proportional representation either.
How sad, what with the NDP winning. There is a girl at work who calls herself a pinko commie. I, on the otherhand, am pretty much more conservative than an American NRA member. Wierd thing is, we still get along.
Post a Comment