Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Novice Gardener

I love the look of pretty flowers in containers but when I look at them at the nurseries, they seem a little too expensive for me.

I thought that I could create my own container gardens, seeing as I have been doing this gardening thing for a whole year and a half.


Here is one of my first creations:

If you think that the large plants look like romaine lettuce-you're right. I thought it was calendula when I planted it but now I'm pretty sure that it's lettuce.

Sigh.

I think I have a lot to learn.

3 comments:

Jae said...

I have garden envy...I'm thinking of talking to my landlords to see if they'll let me plant flowers in front of our apartment building.

mmichele said...

it's also all the rage to use 'edibles' as 'ornamentals'

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than enjoying the foliage and then eating it.

John W