Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"Home"

We just returned from a trip "back home." Home for me is Beamsville, Ontario, the heart of the fruit belt (although it seems that the orchards are disappearing as quickly as the new subdivisions are springing up).




The wedding of my niece was the main reason we went but it is always good for us to go back to visit my brothers and their families, my parents as well as Wes's parents, brother, sisters and their families. There are lots of people to see!



I'd say that this was one of the best trips we've had. We were able to see everybody and also have some good times of connecting. The families are growing, with boyfriends, girlfriends and spouses and I've gotta say that the second generation definitely knows how to choose them. James, Larissa's new husband is a great guy and I really liked his mom and sisters. Nicole, Carolyn and Frank have fit in quite nicely. And the others, who have started coming around are great people too.



I love to see my kids developing relationships with their Ontario cousins. Growing up in Winnipeg, they have not seen a lot of their relatives but now as adults, it's so great to see them having fun together. Here is Kristen with cousin Dan and Nicole.
Chelsea is no longer an Ontario cousin but I like this picture.


Being with my family helps me know that there is a place where I belong. I am loved and accepted as I am and even though we may not always agree on many things, I know that there is a pretty large group of people who will do almost anything for me.

I'll post this picture because it's one of the few of Wes and I that I like.

A great weekend, but sleep was in short supply. Here's Wes at the wedding, after most of the guests had gone home.


6 comments:

Dale said...

Family is our most important social institution. As you noted, it's a place we can belong. Glad you had a nice trip! The women in that family are gorgeous! You too, of course.

Valerie Ruth said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your family!

Heather Plett said...

Welcome back! Looks like you had fun!

I'm back...... said...

Beautiful pictures! Seeing those wonderful people brings back happy memories of Frank & Alisha's wedding.

I am happy to hear you had a good time. I am also happy for James and Larissa. Both are really great people.

Sean said...

wow sounds like the wedding was a smash. glad you had a great time and i was hopin to see you in the short time you were here, but my hopes have fadded, as i sit here in class on wednesday. glad you had fun
missin you

Anonymous said...

I love family weddings for this very reason.. it is such a happy excuse for bringing everyone together. Both distance and time evaporate.. gotta love that.

Looks like a wonderful time. :-)