Friday, September 08, 2006

More Worms

We took out the baseboards so they'll need to be repainted and reinstalled.

The reason for Derrik's "Oh s***" is the fact that the island in the kitchen is crooked. Very crooked. We knew this before but the old floor had been installed before we noticed it, of course. The people who installed the old floor didn't seem to care much about how it looked. They just wanted to finish it. Fortunately, Derrik is a little more particular. What this meant is that last night Wes removed the island, or at least most of it as one cabinet couldn't be taken away because it is attached to the plumbing lines.

The island will be straight. That's good. Everything will look almost as good as new once it's all done but we've got a bit of work ahead of us, that's for sure.

I'm hoping that the can is empty now.

6 comments:

Heather Plett said...

You should have just planned a two week vacation somewhere warm and relaxing and come back when it was all finished! The movie The Money Pit is flashing through my mind...

Linda said...

Ooooh. I remember that movie!

Anonymous said...

When it is all a done deal.. it will all have been so very worth it. :-)

I'm back...... said...

Hey!

This is Karyn. Frank's sister. I wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you and your sister's put into these last months of wedding preparation. You were an amazing emcee. If I ever get married I am hiring you!!!

I came across your blog courtesy of Larissa's blog! I was reading your comments about Rob James and figured you might be interested to know he is an MBCI grad. He graduated the same year I did. 1995. I also graduated with Brendan Fehr. He was on the show Roswell and is now on CSI. Go MBCI!!!!

Again thanks for all your help. You girls seem like the most coolest, hippest, fun aunts anyone could have!

Karyn

Nicole said...

I wish I saw pictures of the kitchen and all that before the floors were in. It sounds like it was a lot of work but your place looked great!

Anonymous said...

how is the house turning out?