
Here again is another picture of me (and Michele) with a famous person. If you are a fan of Canadian Idol, you will recognize the man on the far left of the photo. That happens to be Rob James, the first Winnipegger to crack the top 10 of Canadian Idol. I have not yet watched this show but I know that he is in the top 10 because I read it in the Winnipeg Free Press today.
Michele and I had the opportunity to be involved with "The Huron Christmas Carol" one year. Our job was to be in the "green room" (or is it the blue room?) where the entertainers could come and relax and have something to eat. It sounds like a much more exciting job than it is. We were quite bored and not too many people stopped by to say hello. But these guys did. They called themselves "McMaster and James" and I really liked the way they sounded.
Rob James has NO idea who I am but was gracious enough to pose for this picture. I think I just might watch Canadian Idol next week to see how he does and to remind my kids that *I* have rubbed shoulders with someone famous.
6 comments:
i thought of that pic, too. i wonder if they never asked us back to the green room because of the way we took to greeting the performers, "so, are you a famous person?" i just don't KNOW most country stars, and most of the stars were country... ah well... our fleeting brush with fame.
ps.
i always think we look SO DARN GOOD in that photo. it's too bad those other guys are in it...
ps2.
and that wasn't really an arrogant statement... there's just SO FEW PHOTOS where i look like i can add and subtract and walk without scraping my knuckles along the floor.
He was on the endangered list for several weeks, but he did much better last week. I can't pick a favourite yet. Two of the best female singers IMO have already exited.
I was a huge fan of the Huron Christmas Carol and attended for many years. Tom Jackson is my all time favourite entertainer. How exciting that you have met Rob James. I watch Canadian Idol frequently and am so impressed with the Canadian grown talent.
I think Celindy Oige, who used to go to GNF tried out for Canadian Idol as well :)
Post a Comment