I read a few of these in the last couple of days and thought it would be fun to tag myself.
What I was doing 10 years ago today: That was 1995, I was 37, almost 38 years old. I think we went to Ontario that year to celebrate the 40th wedding anniversary of my parents. My kids were young (ages 7-14) and we were enjoying our second summer at this house.
What I was doing 5 years ago: The year was 2000. Wes had just sold the construction company that he began about 10 years before, to his employees. Things didn't go as we had hoped and one of the results was that his paycheque was cut in half. That was a hard summer-adjusting to a huge salary cut, dealing with the unfairness of the final deal and not being sure if we would survive. By the way, we did!
What I was doing one year ago: Boy, it's harder to think of one year ago..Oh wait, we had just experienced our first wedding (Ben and Carolyn got married) and were probably looking forward to George and Yvonne's big move to Winnipeg. We were likely sitting on the back porch with George and Yvonne, drinking wine and enjoying each other's company.
What I was doing yesterday: Painting window trim, some gardening and just enjoying being at home with Wes.
What I will be doing tomorrow: Going to church-one of the highlights of my week. We'll probably go to the beach for the afternoon because the weather is just gorgeous.
5 Snacks I enjoy: Ice cream (but only the good kind), sour cream and onion chips, PMS bars (Michele makes them only at a certain time of the month when she is craving chocolate, butter and brown sugar. Yvonne makes an excellent batch as well), any kind of nuts, M&Ms Peanuts
5 Adult Beverages: I love red wine; white wine would be my second choice; coolers; water (I include this as an adult beverage because most of my children, before they became adults, didn't enjoy water); fruit and veggie juices.
5 Bands I know the lyrics to: The Irish Rovers, The Wailin' Jennys, The Carpenters, Great Big Sea, The Rankins.
5 Things I would do with $100,000.00: I'd take my extended family on a really neat vacation, then I would go on a 'round the world trip with Wes. If there would be any money left over, I'd pay off my mortgage.
5 locations I would run away to: Seeing as we had such a great time with the "Dutch relatives," I'd like to run away to Holland, some small village in the south of France, the eastern seaboard-Canada and/or USA, a great little bed and breakfast anywhere, Ireland.
5 Bad habits I have: Pick at my fingers, waste time, I can be very lazy, I procrastinate, leave the housework until the house is a pig sty.
5 Things I love doing: Hanging out with my sisters, going out for coffee, lunch, dinner-whatever, hanging out with friends and family, playing the piano, doing the Saturday crossword, leading praise and worship with a great band, taking pictures, reading. Okay, that's 7 but it's hard to stop.
5 Things I would never wear: adult diapers, a fur coat, a bikini, a "house dress," stilettos.
5 TV shows I like: I hardly watch TV but I have on occasion, enjoyed ER, the first season of "The Amazing Race" (I hate all of the relationship drama that they focus on these days), Seinfeld, MASH, I Love Lucy.
5 Movies I like: Chocolat, The Aviator, Grease ('cause that was the first movie Wes and I went to together), The Sound of Music (my first movie EVER), Whale Rider.
5 Famous people I would like to meet: Well, I already met Will Millar so...Queen Vashti (from the bible), Nellie McClung, Billy Graham, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks
5 Biggest joys at the moment: My family-my children and extended families, doing an "extreme makeover" for Michele, writing blogs, enjoying this absolutely gorgeous Winnipeg summer, looking forward to tomorrow.
5 favourite toys: my garlic press, my good knife, my piano, this computer.
4 comments:
That was fun to read...I think I will try one....you mind?
Go ahead! I'm looking forward to reading it.
Oh my, if I had only THOUGHT of kitchen "toys" I could have answered that a lot easier.
"That was a hard summer-adjusting to a huge salary cut, dealing with the unfairness of the final deal and not being sure if we would survive. By the way, we did!"
And somehow we always do despite all the worrying, hey? I'm going through that now thinking of having a child, increasing our rent (moving to a bigger place) and my salary being cut in half for a year.
Post a Comment