Saturday, August 06, 2005

Extreme Makeover-Bedroom Edition

I am writing this blog on July 22 but will not post it until August 4 or 5. The reason is that what I am about to tell you is a surprise. If I post it today, it will not be a surprise for the intended person.

Yvonne and I have had a busy week. On Monday, we were going to come to my place and start cleaning and organizing my bedroom so that we could paint and freshen it up. Before we started though, we both had a thought (the same thought). Wouldn't it be fun if we did something like an extreme makeover for Michele and Rob? I don't thing that I'm exaggerating if I say that their bedroom needs it worse than most other bedrooms in Winnipeg. So, this week, we are spending a good bit of time demolishing, sanding, painting and decorating.

What fun! I think that it's more fun doing this than getting it. We found the perfect fabric for curtains. When we saw it we knew that it was for Michele-and it was cheap too! Yvonne works a sewing machine about as easily as I play the piano so in one day she had the curtains, duvet and pillow shams ready to go. We also painted the floor. Yvonne and George will be putting the furniture back in before they leave for Ontario as the floor is too wet today.

I can't wait until they come home! They'll be so pleased.

Stay tuned. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

1 comment:

ccap said...

I heard about this little "While You Were Out" moment. Very cool!