Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Demise of the Ipod

I got my first ipod 2 years ago and quite enjoyed it-although it was not used nearly as much as the ipods of many younger people. But alas, last summer it got dunked (along with me) in a beautiful lake. Ipods do not like getting dunked.

I bought my second ipod 3 months ago but had to return it because the battery was defective.

The third ipod was purchased a mere 2 weeks ago. I set everything up on it (by myself, with no help from any tekkies) and began using it almost right away.

Three days ago I was informed that I had washed my ipod, with the laundry.

Sigh.

I am tempted to return it to the store and tell them that it is not working. That would not officially be a lie because it is definitely not working.

Sigh. Can't do that either.

I think I am destined to be ipodless for the rest of my life.

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Surely fourth time would be a charm. :)

pamero said...

Yes, I also love my ipod. In fact I live in fear of washing/dunking it...but I guess there's always a happy apple store waiting! (ps-there are always good deals on refurbished ipods at the online apple store - and mine has worked great for a few years now!)

Jason, as himself said...

Ah, man! What bad luck! I would be in tears.

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on The Jason Show! I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

Oh my.. I too would have been devastated. My iPod is going on 4 years now.. and although I too don't use it nearly as my kids do.. I love it! I say.. go for #4.