Sunday, August 16, 2009

Randomness

Today is the first day in a long time that I have had the time or energy to sit at the computer to read up on the few blogs I follow. I realized that it has been over a month since my last post. So here is an update on my life for those of you who might be interested.

The house continues to look like a construction zone. A construction zone with a GREAT lunch room. I actually made chocolate chip cookies there one day for coffee break.

The mud at the house is just awful. There is no other word to describe the thick, sticky gumbo that gets tracked everywhere. I wish it would stop raining.

Spent a week in Ontario with my mom while my dad was working on our house. I haven't driven on the QEW or any of the 400 highways for years but it only took me a few moments to start driving like an Ontarian. 120 km per hour and people were still passing me.

I went on a canoe trip with 13 other women. It was great. We had 2 gorgeous summer days in Northern Ontario where the water is so clear that you can see to the bottom of the lake.

Michele has been taking care of Dixie for most of the last 6 weeks. I think Dixie likes her better than me.

We moved to another apartment in the same building at Ft. Garry place last week. It is a lovely apartment with a balcony on the 12th floor. I am enjoying apartment living very much although I'm sure that one day I will long for a real house. For now, this haven is suiting me just fine. It's just a little hard to have people over for a visit.

My granddaughter is adorable. I saw her today for the first time in 2 weeks.

I watched "Julie and Julia" last night and enjoyed it thoroughly. I read the book earlier this summer and still enjoyed the movie. You must watch it if you get the chance.

Tomorrow, I paint. Things are definitely progressing at the house.

3 comments:

mmichele said...

Nice to see you on line!

beckster said...

Woo-hoo! Painting is such a big step, and makes everything look so much better!

joyce said...

lately, I have been missing you and your sisters..