Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In my very first post, back on April 13, 2005, I promised the following four things to myself and to my faithful readers.
  • I will do my best to avoid spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
  • I will post as frequently as possible or when I am moved to write something.
  • I will try my best not to embarrass my children-even though that's almost impossible.
  • I will not try to be too deep or profound. Otherwise, I may not write anything!

I think that I have been mostly successful in these 4 things. Blogging has been fun for me and I've met some interesting and funny people over the past few years through this blog. But I haven't posted much these last few months. I'm not sure why but I seem to have lost interest. Maybe my life is just too ordinary and mundane. I don't have many cute kid stories. My kids are all still cute to me but they're all taller than me, some are smarter than me (I won't tell you which ones) and they just don't do as many cute things as they used to. The international students often gave me good fodder for stories but they have moved back to Mexico and Brasil. The dog is still around and provides entertainment for us here but I haven't felt like writing about her either.

Reading my old posts recently inspired me to try to start posting more regularly again. I would not have remembered some of the things that I wrote about if I had not posted. So, my faithful readers (and I think there may be a couple of you left) I will try to post a little more frequently. This blog may bore you but then again, you don't have to read it.

At the very least, my grammar may improve if I write a little more. I lost the cord for my camera to download pictures so that has also reduced my posting options. Hopefully I'll find it before too long and you will see pictures from our recent trip to Chicago.

Tomorrow, I'll try a Thursday Thirteen or maybe a Thursday Three. We'll see.

7 comments:

Alisha said...

Oh I'm so glad your going to keep posting. I was afraid you were about to say that you were going to stop blogging. Don't worry, once your Grand baby gets here there will LOTS to post about!

Anonymous said...

I'm still checking your blog regularly. And you have to guess that for every one person who comments, there's probably 3 who lurk.
I love to read what you have to write. It makes me feel like we're still in touch a bit. Besides, I like the 4 basics out plan for this blog. It makes for good reading.

Anonymous said...

Ditto for me. I love your blogs. It keeps us connected.

Anonymous said...

Oops that was me... Tena

Anonymous said...

My blog is about the same age as yours. I have found that the desire to post does come and go, waxes and wanes. I have found that for me it is best to simply go with the flow. Right now I feel I too am in a bit of a slump and feel less interested than I once did. Then, out of the blue, some idea or some simple event will take on a life of its own inside my head and it seems the only release is to put it down in a post. :-)

And just for the record, I, for one, enjoy your stories and your posts very much.

Anvilcloud said...

I guess like you, I don't write if I don't blog, and I think it's good to write.

Valerie Ruth said...

i'm glad to see you back in action!