Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

50 things I'm thankful for, in no particular order:

a warm dry house on a cold wet day
family
friends
a big house that makes it easy to have 8 extra guests for a whole weekend
enough resource to be able to feed them all well
good food
wine
apple juice
socks that stay up
slippers
a yet to be born grandchild
peace
democracy
books and people with whom I can discuss them
music
the piano
this computer
laughter
my faith community
the ability to practise what I believe without fear of persecution
the opportunities to practise tolerance
new underwear
stuffing and gravy
hot water
good coffee
vacations
my bicycle
comfortable jeans
the dog
2 ovens so that we can cook a stellar Thanksgiving dinner for almost 30 people
the digital camera
my ipod
my most amazingly comfortable bed
a place to go when I can't sleep
the changing seasons
the people who lent us their mini van this weekend
wes. we make a good team
the dog cousins who always provide us with a good laugh
potable water
sisters with whom I who love to cook
the colours of fall
the saturday crossword puzzle
brand new babies
adorable toddlers
public health care
good, strong coffee
taekwondo
good health
a pain-free back
outdoor walks

2 comments:

Valerie Ruth said...

love the list. coffee made it twice!

mmichele said...

I thought it was funny that we both put those stupid dog cousins on our list.