Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

Halloween is not usually the first thing that pops in my mind when October 31 rolls around, even though it's all around. For me, October 31 is the day that I can celebrate the birth of my fourth child. She's 20 today.

I keep reminding myself that she's 20. I can't believe that my baby is 20. I no longer have teenaged children. They are all in their 20's. Where did the time go?

Kristen is on the road today, travelling from Alberta to Vancouver with the rest of her "Outtatown" team. She's having a great time and I think that she will say that the year she turned twenty was one of the most memorable years of her life. I think she misses home a wee bit but she has always been very adaptable which makes being away a little easier for her than for some.

Happy birthday my schatje.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen is a beautiful girl. I wish her all the best in her 20th year. I know the disbelief that comes when you realize that all your kids are grown. It is the same with me... where did the years go?

I too have good reason to celebrate Oct. 31. My grand daughter was born on that day. This year she turned 18. The years are spinning by way to fast. :-)