Thursday, April 03, 2008

In Limbo

I suppose I should post something. I have a few regular readers who remind me that it's time for another post, even though some of those same people are lurkers, not even leaving comments for me!

Problem is, there doesn't seem to be much happening in my life worth writing about. I could say something about the cleaning, culling and organizing I'm doing but that was the subject of my last few posts. I could say something about selling the house but I've written about that too. I feel that my life has been put on hold, that I'm in some kind of no man's land. Got to get the house ready for showings in a few weeks and then, wait, how long? till someone buys it. In the meantime, it must stay in model home condition. Sigh.

And then there's the nagging feeling that maybe nobody will want to buy this house. It's a gorgeous house and it has been a wonderful place for us to live. And I know that it's time for us to move on. And what if nobody wants it? What then? How long will we stay here?

I'm not even entertaining the thought of where we will live after this place is sold. Well, maybe entertaining a little. That's something I'll worry about when this house is sold.

There's also the likelihood that Wes and I will be empty nesters come September. Just like that. Tim really wants to move out and Kristen's been accepted to the Outtatown program. All wonderful stuff but more changes for us.

For the next couple of days though, a bit of a reprive. I'm going to Fargo for some cross border shopping. It's something that I don't care to make a habit of but there aren't too many Canadian cities close enough to Winnipeg for a 2 day jaunt. It will be fun. A road trip with some of my favourite people. I'd love to take a few more of you too but then we'd need to rent a van. And the only rooms available in Fargo are the ones with one bed. Seems that there are more people from Manitoba making the same trip during spring break. Somehow Yvonne, Chelsea, Kristen and I will have to find a way to share one king-sized bed.

I hear toilet paper, aluminum foil and canned fruit are pretty cheap in the US. Maybe I'll stock up, even bring some back for Michele.

So long!

1 comment: