Ben’s moving out-again.
Ben married Carolyn in the summer of 2004 and like all good, healthy couples, found an apartment of their own. While their marriage was a happy occasion, it was also a time of re-evaluation for me. My children are growing up, becoming independent and are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.
Eric moved out just a few short months after Ben. About 6 months after that, Ben moved back to our house-with Carolyn. They live in the basement. It’s not as bad as it sounds and I find that when I tell people that my 25 year old son lives in the basement of my house with his wife, I find myself speaking faster and faster so I can explain that it really isn’t as strange as it sounds. “You see, we have an apartment in our basement
itsaselfcontainedsuitewithitsownkitchenandbathroomand
theydoalltheirowncookinganditsnotreallyasstrange
asitsoundsandIkeepmynoseoutoftheirbusiness…”
Well, I will no longer have to explain myself. Ben and Carolyn are moving out again, into their own house. It’s an exciting time and I’m really happy for them but I’m going to have to deal with Ben moving out again and the fact that my children are growing up and they don’t need me the way they used to. Sigh.
The good news is that we already have someone to rent the apartment in the basement. The fact that we have such a low vacancy rate in Winnipeg is good for us although not good for those people who are looking to rent.
So, my life changes once again. Change is good. It keeps me on my toes. I'm looking forward to getting to know Briane, our new tenant (and her dog!).
3 comments:
oh my goodness! another dog in your life. i can't believe it!
Our home had a revolving door for quite a few years as my kids travelled through their early twenties. Everything is so expensive, it was difficult for them at first.
Found your blog via simply coll's blogroll. It's a nice place to be, and I'll be back again.
another winnipegger
Post a Comment