Once again, it's been a long time since I've posted. Sorry to those of you who faithfully check this blog daily. It's just that I've been busy. Here are just a few of the things that have kept me going for the last month or so.
For the last six or so weeks, I've spent one day each week at Yvonne's place. We own 2 wing chairs that were in desperate need of reupholstering so I brought the chairs over to Yvonne's and we took them apart. George fixed them up so they no longer wiggle and squeak and I cut out the fabric and last week, finally finished making the cushions. If I have the time, this week we'll put the new fabric on the chairs and they'll be as good as new. I am particularly proud of the fact that the fabric cost me $40.00 for both chairs, I could use the old foam from the seat cushions and I just needed a few other things for my project. These chairs will cost me less than $50.00 each. Not bad eh? I'll post a photo once they're done. It'll be good to have something to sit on. All that's left in our living room is a couch and one chair that's not terribly comfortable.
Last Friday I was at a shower for a friend-Lee, who at 54, has finally found love. She is so happy and it was such a pleasure to celebrate her upcoming marriage with her and a group of incredibly interesting women who are lucky enough to call her a friend.
I started going to the gym! Yvonne and I joined a gym and we have been going 5 times a week. We frequently spend more than an hour there but it's worth it. Do I feel good! The endorphins just flood my body with their feel-good hormones and I feel that all is well with the world.
We just bought a new car. Wes and I were driving in the van one evening when it just quit on us. Wes thought it was the fuel pump but our mechanic had a different diagnosis. We needed an new engine! Yikes! The van is about 10 years old and had a number of other problems so we decided to get rid of it. While I love the new car (a Hyundai Sonata) I don't like the monthly payments.
This Sunday, I'm doing the "talk" at church. This is what many other churches refer to as the "sermon." I'll be preoccupied with that this week so I don't think I'll post until after it's finished.
I have come to the end of this little entry. I'm sorry if I've bored you with the ho hum facts of my life. I'm not feeling particuarly creative or inspired today. But I do know that there are some people who check this out and will be happy to read something new, even if it is a little dull.
I hope the rest of you keep writing because I always enjoy a new entry!
5 comments:
My goodness.. you have been busy.:-). I am looking forward to seeing a photo of your chairs. They sound lovely!
Wow.. going to the gym 5 times a week. That is wonderful!! I could use some of that motivation.
Hi Linda. Welcome back. I'm curious about your "talk". Any chance you might post it here at some point? And why can't it be called a sermon?
about time! i was just about to start nagging.
Yeah, I'm with Michele - I need something to read now and then, to give me a mental break at work :-)
I'm jealous of the "time to hang out with your sister and do creative things". My sister and I never seem to be unemployed at the same time.
Cool! The chairs sound great and I too am glad for a little something to read. Thanks for indulging us. As for the "talk"....wish I could be there to hear it. I like Dale's idea of posting it afterwards so we can all be blessed! "You go girl!"
Post a Comment