One dozen premium long-stemmed roses are now available at Safeway for $29.99. The "Unforgettable Dozen Roses Arrangement" is a mere $44.99. Last time I was at the grocery store, you could get roses for about $12.00 a dozen. D'ya think that it might have something to do with Valentine's Day?
Wes used to always get me flowers on Valentines Day. He is very sweet that way. But a number of years ago I told him that I didn't want flowers because I already know that he loves me-he doesn't have to say it with flowers. And besides, who can afford $29.99 (plus tax) for flowers that often begin to droop within a day or so?
There's a lot of pressure for you men out there because it seems to me that you are the ones who have to shell out your hard earned cash. The flyers are coming fast and furious-jewellry, candy, chocolate, flowers. It's easier for the women. We just have to sit at home and look pretty for you. If we want to, we can cook you a romantic dinner but that's where our Valentines Day responsibility ends. If you don't come through for us, you're in trouble. But if we decide to do nothing, you've got to be okay with that. Even I, can appreciate the unfairness of that.
Happy Valentines day folks! All *I* want is a simple "I love you" or, at the very least, a simple "I like you."
4 comments:
Good to have you back! And...
I like you.
i like you, too. i also like the idea of heather's heart shaped pizza.
I like you too!
The heart-shaped pizza was a hit :-)
A hug, a kiss, an I love you.. who could want for more :-)
Post a Comment