1) What is the one thing you regret not doing before you settled down into marriage and family?
I try not to dwell much on regrets because there's not much you can do about them but I must say that my biggest regret is that I didn't travel more. I hope to make up for that in a few years, when Kristen is out of high school.
2) If you and your sisters could do ANYTHING you wanted (without kid responsibilities) on a Saturday afternoon what would it be?
Twice a year there is a tour of Art Galleries in the Interlake. If we could do it in an afternoon, I think that would be perfect. Of course, we'd have to stop for a latte somewhere and also, end the afternoon with a great dinner. The weather would have to be perfect too-sun and no warmer than 23 degrees celcius.
3) Looking back and not being able to use the same names, what other names would you give your children?
I like the name Trevor but when I taught Juniour High, there was a Trevor in the grade 7 class and I did NOT want to be reminded of him. So Benjamin was the name of my first born. Eric would have been Nicholas if a friend of mine didn't name her son Nicholas when he was born a month before Eric. I wanted to name Tim "Spencer" but the rest of the family nixed that one and Tim's grateful :). Kristen could have been Corrine.
4) Who is your favourite female Bible character? Explain why.
Funny, I've never thought of that one. My favourite story is the one where a group of men bring a prostitute to Jesus and "ask" him what to do about her because their laws indicated that she must be stoned. The best part of the story is the end, when she is alone with Jesus and he simply tells her to stop sinning and-the best part-he doesn't condemn her. As for my favourite bible character, hmmm. I've just read Esther so I think that now, she would be my favourite. One of the main reasons I respect her is that she acted so selflessly. She could have kept the fact that she was a Jew hidden, but she chose not to and risked her life to save her people. Also, the fact that she was a woman who had so much influence (when women at the time were considered little more valuable than property) makes me want to say "You go girl!" She had courage and wisdom during a time in history when neither characteristic was encouraged especially in women. There are some really funny parts to that story too. When Queen Vashti refused to "dance" for the king and the other partiers (trans.-strip) those men were really worried that all of the women in the kingdom would begin disobeying their husbands so they had to pass a law that decreed that women should obey their husbands. Those guys must have been really worried! Makes me wonder just how much of our history was influenced by women.
5) If you could avoid one household chore for the rest of your life which would it be and why?
I'd have to say tidying up. I HATE tidying up because I do it ALL THE TIME and my place still looks cluttered.
Here are the rules of "The Official Interview Game."
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment saying "interview me." (Make sure I have your email address.)
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions
3 comments:
Thanks for joining in! Yeah, I can't even begin to imagine Tim as a "Spencer". :-) And, GOOD answer on the afternoon with your sisters!
let's do it. what are we waiting for?
Sounds like something I'd like to do with MY sister too!
Post a Comment