Tuesday, June 14, 2005

10 Good Things About the Weather

I think BJ Thomas had it right...

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

But there's one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin..

Well, to quote another song, It's raining again...Today, I'm going to attempt to write a list of 10 good things about the rain. It's the only way I can keep from complainin'. Here goes.

10 Good Things About This Weather:
  1. The Hostas in the front garden are looking beautiful and healthy.
  2. I can hold off on painting the trim around the windows on the second storey of the house.
  3. I don't need to wear a bathing suit yet.
  4. We're saving a ton of money on sunscreen.
  5. The mosquitoes are not a problem yet.
  6. The kids studying for exams are not tempted to be outside.
  7. I'm getting my money's worth out of my umbrella.
  8. My rain barrel's all filled up so I'll have lots of water for my garden once the sun starts shining.
  9. The water table's so high that there won't be restrictions on watering the lawn for many years to come. (I don't actually water my lawn but I'm sure there are people who will be happy about this.)
  10. It's not snow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I needed to hear that. This morning when I heard the rain, I remembered years when the sound of rain in the morning would wake me with delight. We need rain! Here it is. Lifegiving, nourishing, refreshing, rain. Today I'm feeling pretty soggy.

ccap said...

Personally, I'm fond of #3.

Dale said...

Interesting to note your decision to "right" the list. Freudian slip?

Great post, btw.

ccap said...

A coworker just added another (in conjunction with #4): "At least we're not aging".

Linda said...

I'm soooo embarrassed. I spelled write wrong. I'm going to go back and fix it up. And after the promises I made in my first entry. Sheesh.

Heather Plett said...

I'm glad I chose to cut my hair short before all this rain started, because otherwise I'd have permanently flat hair!

You're doing better than me if you're managing NOT to complain. I'm getting pretty whiny.

mmichele said...

you know, the lawn is really green and fresh looking, too. it's nice to see everything so green.

micah said...

the maskitos ane a BIG prolom and will the sun start shining